8 oz diced tomatoes with chilis undrained (or without chilis)
16 oz chunky salsa (Chi-Chi salsa)
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs onion powder
4 Tbs chili powder
1. Dice up green peppers, onions and poblano peppers and saute them till they are soft in a saute pan!
2. While peppers are sauteing, brown up 3 pounds of ground beef (grass fed preferred!) in large chili pot. This will be the main chili cooking pot! Drain liquid once beef cooked (if you prefer not to that is ok.)
3. Grab 10 slices of thick cut cooked bacon from fridge, and roughly chop. Add to the ground beef once beef cooked. If you dont have precooked bacon in the fridge, chop up 10 slices of raw bacon, and cook with the uncooked ground beef! But seriously, everyone should have precooked bacon in their fridge at all times!! lol.
4. Combine sauteed veggies in with the cooked ground beef and bacon in the large chili pot. Then add all remaining ingredients; tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chunky salsa, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder & chili powder into large pot. Stir till well combined! *Note we use Chi-Chi’s salsa cause it doesn’t put in any added sugar!
5. Cook on high till bubbling, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 hours! Stirring often. This makes A LOT of chili, but it freezes well!