- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 avocados (little black ones, good and ripe)
- ½ lime
- 4 dashes hot sauce or to taste
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Have onion minced and garlic crushed—and in a bowl—first.
- Halve avocados and use a spoon to scoop the flesh out into the bowl.
- Use a fork to mash up the avocado. Don’t go for a super-smooth texture; leave some little lumps of avocado.
- Now squeeze in the juice of the half lime and add the hot sauce and salt and cilantro if using. Stir it up and serve immediately.
NUTRITION: 167 calories; 15 g fat; 2 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.