- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (or lard or olive oil)
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim bottoms of stems and any wilted leaves off Brussels sprouts and halve each one.
- Put fat in a roasting pan, and if you’re using bacon grease or lard, put it in the oven for a few minutes to melt.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss till they’re coated with fat. Salt and pepper and stir again, then put them in oven.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring now and then. When they’re evenly browned, they’re done. Add a little more salt if they need it and serve.
NUTRITION: 103 calories; 7 g fat; 3 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 5 g net carbs per serving.